1. To guide and supervise the works of the Senior Planners under him in preparing master plans/land use plans of various settlements at district, subdivision and thana levels.
2. To supervise detail planning activities of the Directorate including site planning, layout planning etc.
3. To be overall in charge of the store of the Directorate.
4. To be the head of the Survey pool of the Directorate.
1. To assist the Director in matters of research and co-ordination of Urban/Regional Planning activities.
2. To assist the Director in execution of the aided projects of the Directorate and for monitoring and evaluation of such projects.
3. To guide and supervise the works of the Senior Planners under him.
4. To conduct in-service training to the officers and staff of the organizations involved in physical planning and services.
5. To organise/initiate seminars/workshops and to disseminate physical planning information through regular publications of research on human settlement planning and development.
6. To be overall in-charge of the Planning Cell of the Directorate.